Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Frogs, Ducks, and a Baby

This weekend I had the joy of celebrating the upcoming arrival of a new baby with friends. I also had the honor of making the cake to serve at the shower.


My friend and her husband decided to wait to find out if they are going to welcome a little boy or girl so the cake going to be decorated in neutral colors.

My friend also loves frogs and ducks.


On the two sides of the cake are frogs that I drew by hand and then copied onto the cake.





On the two other sides of the cake there are duckies that look somewhat like rubber duckies, as I knew she loves rubber duckies. (My friend even had rubber duckies in bowls for the center pieces at her wedding.)







I made the top tier fashioned after the wooden blocks that my kids enjoy playing with, and the bottom tier was left quite simple as I really wanted the block to be the focal point of the cake.

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby LePoires!

No comments:

Post a Comment